Monday, August 1, 2011

Wood-Fabric-Mod Podge-Pictures

First, I would just like to say that this is funny. And true. My Glue gun is proving to be my greatest nemesis. 

And now kids, my Sunday craft: 


I found this on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to have something like that in my apartment somewhere. I scoured my house and found some old clothespins, wood/board, hot glue, mod podge, white paint, and scraps of old fabric. I was originally going to do the whole white-on-white idea, but decided to add some fabric and keep it a little more country instead. 

Step by step: 
1. Paint the side of the board white
2. cut up fabric strips into different lengths. 
3. Organize a pattern
4. Mod Podge the fabric on over the top of the wood. Note: You don't have to put the mod podge over the top if you don't want to-just underneath.
4. measure out equal distances for the clothespins and hot glue them on. 
5. find some cute pictures to put in it! 








This project ended up taking me about a half hour. What's also great about it is that it cost me nothing. If you did go out to buy the supplies, this is an under $10 project and is quite fun to make!
-Rachel

1 comment:

  1. such a cute idea. In my room i have two large old shutters that are white, and I have clothes pins holding up a ton of pictures. i love it! its a great way to hang pictures, but i dont feel cluttered. its great!

    ReplyDelete