Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trash

This project, is what started it all.
During winter semester I worked at the BYU bookstore. Every day at work I would pass my favorite office as I did my odd jobs around the store. The only reason why it was my favorite office was because of the map trash can.

I saw it one day, and fell in love with the idea of putting a map around a trash can. Oddly enough, walking by it every day got me thinking about how I needed to start making more things since that is what I love to do.

So I've waited all summer to do this one folks.
Here you go.

1. My dad gave me one of his old Utah maps (I found using one of Utah fitting).

2. I grabbed an old bucket my mom had sitting in our living room.

3. Bought mod podge from Michael's for $4.

4. 20 minutes later, I was done.



This one is a little weird, but I cant even tell you how excited I am to walk into my room every day and throw my very own trash inside my very own map trash can.

Mazel tov
-Rachel

1 comment: