Sunday, July 10, 2011

Domestic living

Next year, I'll be living in a real live apartment.

I spent the past year in a dorm room, where I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooked for me (courtesy of the magical Cannon Center).

Now that I have a kitchen I get to cook on my own. I'm really excited about this. ha.

Not.

It seems that I can't avoid this fact, so I've decided to embrace it by making myself, and all my roommates aprons. Even if I suck at cooking, at least I'll look good doing it.

I started with my Canadian friend Lacey Holt. She is the cutest girly girl alive, who loves purple and pink. I knew I couldn't get any cuter than ruffles and those colors.

I tried looking for a pattern online, but couldn't find anything I really loved.

Thus I just decided to make up my own.

#1. Found some old fabric laying around in the craft room



#2. Cut 6 strips of differing fabric for the ruffles. Length=28-25 inches. Width= 3 inches


#3. Next I put pleats in every strip as I sewed them to fabric backing

#4. I drew the bodice portion free-hand, cut it out, and attached it to the bottom half. 

#5. I then added the ties to the neck and back. 

Voila

Lacey's apron. 

1 down, 5 to go. 

Side note: I added two cute lil purple buttons to the top. My favorite part. 


I feel like cooking something now. 

Happy Sunday!
-Rach 

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh i love this so much :) you are seriously the coolest, craftiest, greatest human being! when i grow up i want to be rachel wade! i can't wait to see the rest :)

    ReplyDelete