Sunday, July 17, 2011

My love for buttons

Last night, my good pal Alex Hoskins and I decided to get together and do some crafts. We had a plethora of options to choose from, and eventually decided upon buttons. 

Well. A canvas of buttons. 

Shaped into a heart. 

With a very cute color scheme. 

To hang in my apartment. 

Big Al coordinated everything as I sat and crocheted a rug out of ripped up shreds of fabric (which will be on here next). 

I watched/crocheted while she went to work. Alex is really creative, and will be doing a guest post on here soon, so keep a look out for that. :) 

This project only took an hour or so, and required minimal supplies. 

We used some of my moms buttons from her button bin, an old white canvas we had, and a little bit of lace to add some finishing touches. 

I learned through Alex that pliers come in handy just in case the back side of the buttons have extended loops. 






My love for buttons has only grown. 
-Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. oh it looks so good in that frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute! i'm jealous i didn't come. you guys are cute! :)

    ReplyDelete