Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Skirt, dresses, and Berkley.

It's fun shopping at thrift stores, but it's nice being able to shop with the perspective of :
"I love this, but how can I fix it?"

You see, most of the time something is either too long, short, big, small or saggy. Rarely do you find a clothing item that fits perfectly. That's why Berk found 5 skirts she loved, but wanted to change.

Here we go: Part 2; skirts and Berk.
Sidenote: I feel super lame right now, but due to an overload of my brothers wedding pictures, I accidentally deleted the "before" pictures. You're gonna have to deal with just the results instead. Whoops.
Another sidenote: each skirt was under $5




1. Black bow skirt. The skirt was originally to her feet. I cut it short, and then used the extra fabric to make a bow for the front.



2. Gray pinstriped skirt. Berk specifically needs blac, gray, and white clothing items for the school she'll be attending in the fall. She found this one at floor length, and I cut it back up to her knees. This skirt took me only 10 minutes to fix! labor time+cost of skirt=major deal.


3. Red pencil. This skirt is adorable. Plus so much goes with it. It once again used to be to her feet, so I just cut it short and voila!


4. Black dress. Picture your mom and her typical sunday dress she wore when she was pregnant. This dress could very well have been it. It was HUGE, so I gook in 2 inches from each side, shortened the straps, and shortened the bottom. I like the finished product.


 5. Hey! It's me. In my new floral for only $4! I also got the belt for only $1. All I had to do was shorten it.

Mazel Tov.

P.S. Wedding crazy-ness will be over this Saturday. Thus meaning I have about five billion things I need to post after that.
-Rach



1 comment:

  1. YAY I LOVE THIS you two are so cute and rach you are my idol. i really need to make more things.....

    ReplyDelete