Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Craft #1 - Spicin up the wallet

I flew home from St. George yesterday, and got into Maryland at 6 AM this fine morning!  While I was there with Rachel we wanted to make a craft together to kickstart the blog but we were too tired whenever we tried to start.  SO. 


Welcome to "the craft room." This is where I'll be spending my time making things this summer.


I already have a series of errands to run tomorrow, after I start my first day nannying, along with lunch with Dad and pedicure with Mom.  SO I knew I'd be taking my wallet around everywhere. I got this wallet for $2 at the DI in Provo with the idea that I was going to re-make it.  With the knowledge I'd be using it all day tomorrow since I already use it as a wallet, I decided this would be the first "craft" of the summer!


I reacquainted myself with my lovely ribbon box...and picked out a few favorites


Here was option 1.


Here was option 2


And I finally settled with option 3.  It's all made and done!  I simply ironed the ribbon, ironed it at the seam, hemmed the seams and ends of the bows (I don't like the job I did at all, it was super hasty but it'll keep it from fraying for now) and hot glue gunned it all down!  I was going to use some fabric glue but the glue gun worked just as well and didn't seep through the ribbon. VOILA!

-Emilee

No comments:

Post a Comment