Tuesday, May 24, 2011

photo blocks

Oh my, I am so proud of Rachel, she does enough projects for the 2 of us!  I have had a crazy past week (or two, it looks like) and a stressful week called for an eaaaaasy project.  This one is one of the top projects in my book, and I love pulling it out for friends' birthdays.  This was for Chelsea's birthday, which was yesterday (happy birthday my dear friend!!) and yes, I just barely shipped it off yesterday (which is also why I couldn't post it till now, even though they were done last week....because Chelsea is probably one of the only people who reads our blog and would see this not-a-surprise-anymore. We should be safe, the package is scheduled to get there tomorrow.)  SO ENJOY THIS EASY CRAFT, YOU PUNKS.  I'm planning on some coasters (sewing project), U.S.A. wall map Rachel found (also sewing project), and perhaps some headbands, belts and bracelets to keep you blog readers entertained.  Do friendship bracelets count as projects?  If so, I'm on my 5th in the past week....

How to: Fool everyone and make the easiest craft ever which can actually be a very cute dorm desk decoration, or perhaps a nice topic of conversation to have in your apartment living room.
Materials: ha, paint, paintbrushes, 3 2x2 wood blocks (or more!), sandpaper, mod podge, lotssssa pictures
Step 1: Sand the corners and edges of the blocks, see the difference between the left and right one? 
Step 2: Paint dem blocks, only 1 coat needed, most of the surface area will be covered with pictures anyways.
Step 3: Print the pictures! 18 total, do the math. To fit on 2x2 I simply format them in Word to 1.75". 
Step 4: Cut them out...............
Step 5: Mod podge them on! I do a thin layer before I add the pictures, then add some on top as a glaze.
Done! Stack, play, turn, twist, rearrange.....

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight........love, em

2 comments: