Friday, May 20, 2011

Skirt into bag--dress into skirt

I found a small skirt in the D.I. bin in my building before I came home. I liked the print, and thought I could do something with it. I cut around the edges to give it a little shape, and used leftover fabric from the top to add a strap. I then added a clip-on flower I made a while ago to match the flowers on the bag.

I now have a cute bojo sling to carry around this summer. Oh, and please excuse the awkwardness of this picture. The bag looks kinda frumpy in this one--but it isn't in real life. hah.


I also went through my closet and grabbed two dresses I've had for a couple of years. I don't wear them because they both fit weird. I once again, cut off the tops and made some skirts. 

Before

before





2 more skirts to add to my wardrobe. I have way too many now and probably wont be making any more for a while. Ha. 

I also started working on a different project today and I cant wait to share it with you. Happy summer!
-Rach

1 comment: